My New Year's Eve look | frankieeesnaps


    So, as it is a new year, I decided to  share my New Year's Eve look with you all along with the products I've used for this look. I actually did it very simple as I was celebrating it with some of my relatives and they haven't really seen my with a full on face of make up since most of the time I barely even wear it at home because I usually don't go out much as I'am a homebody. Anyway here we go! I apologize for the poorly taken photos of my face, I was just using my phone and didn't have time to use my DSLR.



   I used a fair amount of products which may seem either a lot or less to some but I will go into detail about some of them. I will be making blog posts about some of the products individually but I'll give a little gist of it here. So starting off with the face I used Nature Republic's Soothing & Moisture 92% Aloe Vera gel to moisturize and prep my face for the make up. I then used Palladio's Herbal Concealer in Medium to which I will say that it is heaven on earth for me because I need to cover up those dark circles and honestly it goes head to head with my Collection 2000/Collection Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Concealer in Medium (3) as well. Moving along, I set that with Nichido Final Powder in Ivory Glow. I can't really compare this with my Urban Decay De Slick Setting Spray as it is a powder but it does do the job rather than setting it with my MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation in C4 which I do love but this setting powder is much better. 


  Now like I said earlier, I didn't want to go all out this year because I'm surrounded by my relatives who weren't really used to seeing me with make up so I decided to use (they've renamed their brand but they have some products that have the '2000' at the end so I'll include it.) Collection 2000/Collection BB Secrets in Light. I've been trying to steer off the Korean BB Creams, which of course isn't bad because I 'live' for Korean make up (I'll make a blog post about it soon) but sometimes their shades either make me grayish or white which isn't really what I'm going for then again that's what bronzers are made for to which I did use ELF's Contouring Blush & Bronzing Cream in St. Lucia. I LOVE IT. I did find the powder version but I'd like to finish this up before purchasing that one, I absolutely don't know what I was doing before but I'm in love this this blusher/bronzer duo. Sadly though I don't get to use the blusher as much because the bronzer already has a peachy undertone which can act like a blush. 

  As for the lips, I do this part last but I wanted to tell you now as it is already up there, I decided to do gradient lips or as some call it the "ulzzang lips" look because I felt that it was appropriate since the lashes were full on volume there had to be a softness to the look. After my long search I finally got my hands on the Wet'N'Wild Megalast Lipstick in Cherry Bomb (918D), I love this color especially during the winter season. It's a dark, plum maroonish color which I'm in love with and its very buildable. I applied this with a light hand in the inner parts of my lips and gently 'patted' it with my finger to spread it out naturally. I could've used a tint but this works just as well.


  Now for my eyes I used these lovely products, I didn't use a primer okay..don't judge. It didn't really need one anyway as yet again, I kept it simple. For my eyebrows I used ELF's Eyebrow Kit in Dark but I mainly just use the gel rather than the powder and to lighten them I placed, Etude House's Color My Brows in Light Brown on top which gave it a better look and it stayed on the whole night. I love this duo for my eyes because one, I have combination skin so I tend to get oily in some places and two, its very humid in the Philippines. These stayed on momma's eyebrows the whole night even til I got home, thank you Lord, I still had eyebrows on. For my eyeshadow look I just put on Maybelline Color Tattoo 24 Hr Cream Gel Shadow in Barely Beige (?). There are different names of it in different countries, I don't know why but anyway this is the only cream shadow that own as of the moment and honestly, I'm in love with it. Just as the name says, it really does stay on for 24 hours..no I don't sleep with my make up on but I remember swatching this at the mall to test it out and didn't touch it the whole day and boy it stay on til the night time, rubbed it a few times ran water on it, no budging. Moving on, I used the powder from the ELF Eyebrow Kit to just give some color to my crease because I didn't want the cream shadow to just awkwardly stay there so I needed to give it some life. 

Now at this point you might be thinking as to why I haven't 'touched pan' on any of these products, mainly because they are fairly new or if not its most likely because I don't really wear make up all the time but I assure you, with the upcoming blogs I will have touched pain and re purchased some of these products. Okay? Okay.

We're almost done I promise, for my water line I used Maybelline Color Show Eye Liner/Crayon Kohl in Shiny Beige (again I don't know why they have different names..) and for my eyeliner on top Etude House Drawing Show Creamy Liner in Black Double Shot (BK802), this I've touched pan because I love it a lot, best gel liner I've used so far. Finally for my lashes I used Maybelline The Falsies Volum' Express Waterproof to keep my 'sad droopy Asian lashes' hold in the curl ( I have long lashes but they don't really curl up as much as they should have) and I used Etude House Princess Lashes in Volume 4.


  Okay that was a mouthful but I enjoyed it nonetheless. I will go into detail about some of the products individually and I might link my YT channel SOON. I'm not that sure yet but anyway stay tuned to my blog and I'll be back with another make up review.

With love,
 Ina xx






Comments

Popular Posts